To ensure that all global events are recognizable as an Unfuck The World Day related event, we ask for each organizer to follow a few simple guidelines and meet our set standards for approval as an official Event/Party or Positive Local Action. In exchange for agreeing to the terms, we will provide tools to make your UTW Day happen.
Unfuck The World Day is a unique, one day event of solidarity and strength in numbers, and we are very grateful for your participation. To ensure a successful day of celebration, we depend on you to make your Event/Party or Positive Local Action be part of the larger UTW Day. It is important that your Event/Party or Positive Local Action is exclusively a UTW Day Event/Party or Positive Local Action and promoted as such. To make it easier, we will provide you with materials and the exact language we will all use to make this a uniform day all over the world.
This Agreement is between A Million Drops/Unfuck The World (AMD/UTW) and the Local Organizer (You). The terms of this Agreement are as follows:
1. You agree to organize an Event/Party or Positive Local Action on Saturday, June 9, 2018 as part of Unfuck The World Day 2018 (UTW Day 2018).
2. You agree to:
a) organize an Event/Party. Prior to your Event/Party, you must choose a local, charitable organization that will benefit from your Event/Party, such as a homeless shelter, foster home, battered women’s house, pet shelter, environmental organization etc.. You will let UTW/AMD know which organization you picked and why you picked them and how your guests will support the organization. (Some Events/Parties may have a mandatory donation for admission, others have their guests bring in-kind donations, such as canned goods, clothes, toys or pet food. We encourage you to work directly with the organization you choose to find out what kind of support they need the most. Be creative, and don’t forget to set up a donation jar!)
b) organize a Positive Local Action. You must let UTW/AMD know what Positive Local Action you and your guests will execute on Unfuck The World Day 2018. (Positive Local Action can include actions such as tree planting, beach clean up, playground beautification, passing out food or blankets to the homeless etc.)
3. You are encouraged to do as much promotion as possible. Once you have been approved, we will send you
a) the official banner for your Facebook Event Page’s cover photo,
b) a digital file of the official flyers you can use to hand out,
c) a promo package including 2 Unfuck The World T-Shirts (one for you and one for your co-host), 50 free Unfuck The World stickers and 50 Unfuck The World Day 2018 postcards. We ask you to please meet us half way by covering the cost for shipping & handling.
The cost for s&h is USD10.50 domestic, USD14.50 to Canada and USD16.50 International. The applicable amount can be paid via the Donate button.
4. We ask that you do not create your own original graphics to promote Unfuck The World Day and any material you use must include our language as provided. Any other language you may want to use for print or media distribution must be pre-approved. You agree to always use “Unfuck The World” as spelled, and not change the name of the event, i.e. to “Unf*ck The World”, unless discussed with us. We also ask you to always spell the word in one word, ’unfuck’, ‘Unfuck’ or ‘UNFUCK’, not ‘un fuck’, ‘un Fuck’ or ‘unFuck’ or any other variation. The abbreviation is always UTW, not UFTW!
6. You and your co-host agree to wear the UTW t-shirts during the Event/Party or Positive Local Action, and to hand out free stickers to your guests.
7. You agree to take photos and/or video clips of yourself and of your guests showing the UTW t-shirts and stickers, of the donated items and of people in Positive Local Action, and you will post those pictures and/or video clips on UTW’s Facebook Page on June 9, 2018 and the following days. You will also send any photographs and/or video clips of the Event/Party or Positive Local Action to us, and you allow us to use those photographs and/or video clips in posts and articles and for videos that we create after the Event.
8. You will take any in-kind and/or monetary donations to the selected charity within a week of the Event/Party, and you will send us proof (pictures, copy of receipt) of having done so.
You promise that you will use good faith and make all efforts to conduct the Event/Party or Positive Local Action as outlined above. Should any issues arrive and you will not be able to hold the Event/Party or Positive Local Action as outlined above, you will return all merchandise promptly and take down any online banners and/or logos provided by us.
Hold Harmless Agreement
You are voluntarily participating in UTW Day 2018 and assume all risks of your participation. You agree to hold harmless AMD/UTW from any and all claims, loss or damage to your personal property, liabilities and costs as a result of your participation in UTW Day 2018.
If you want to go ahead with this (or if you want more info), please contact us via our contact form,. We will get back to you to schedule a Skype call, so we can get to know each other a little bit and talk about your plans for UTW Day.